27 September 2008

Alexander and his terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

I shall start by saying that my boyfriend, Alexander, started what should have been a great day. He woke before the sun to go throw some flies at fishies. He should have stayed on the river.


Clear Creek Canyon & I-70


First, his Badgers lost.



(I interrupt here to say HOOK 'EM and BAD BUFFS - get ready to get OWNED next week! Shout out OLE MISS & OREGON STATE - I love those upsets! ROLL TIDE!)

Back on track...then we decided to go camping. One of our friends wants to go fishing for Kokanee salmon tomorrow, and he invited us to go along. Awesome!



That plan quickly went to pot. Why? Because Alexander's girlfriend (yours truly) managed to do this:


As my wet, naked body was attempting to open the shower door, the entire thing exploded on me. Alexander just heard a giant crash and me screaming HELP! HELP! while I laughed at the sheer absurdity of what just happened and cried at the pain. Bwahahahaha. Then he was running around like a crazy man looking for my flip flops so that I wouldn't destroy my feet even further. Said flip flops turned out to be under the pile of glass, convenient. The whole scene was out of this world.

I was really lucky that nothing much happened other than a TON of scratches and a couple of deep chunks of skin missing. Most is on my right arm, right leg, and left foot (yay! it missed the new tattoos). No face lacerations, no accidental feet amputations, no major head wounds. I'm pretty lucky, I'd say.




The glass is kind of pretty, though...


Now he is sleeping on the couch. My whole arm is throbbing and I am afraid to go to sleep. We are NOT going camping. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good of you to refer to it as AL's bad day... since everything went just fine for you!!

Cyrus